- Do ensure that you are familiar (and comfortable) with the resources before you use them.
- Do tailor the session and resources for the group; some slides may need to be removed or edited depending on the age of the learners you teach.
- Do ensure that staff are familiar with the staff CPD section and the advice provided by YoungMinds prior to delivering any support to young people or other staff. Many resources are accompanied by advice, notes and session outlines to support staff delivery of these often sensitive issues. Students and staff may be affected by topics you cover and it is essential to be fully aware of Young Minds’ advice and your school policies and procedures in these areas.
- Do ensure you are aware of any needs within the group and talk to pastoral, inclusion or other staff as necessary. Students or staff may have personal experience of some of the areas covered and it is important to be sensitive to this.
- Do ensure that staff are given prior warning of the topic you are covering in the session (in case any topics are challenging for them); also ensure they are aware of support procedures and who to talk to within the school as necessary.
Further advice on approaching these areas can also be found within the Resilient Classroom pack and also the LGfL Wellbeing site.